Deliberate misrepresentation of who they are and what they do.web.com?

9/2017 I got a call from web.com representatives linking me to a presentation screen saying web.com and pushing their services as a billion dollar web company to help with online advertising. I asked them how they would address specific challenges and their response was 'if we dole you that then you wouldn't need to hire us. We are a billion dollar know it all online marketing company. So we know....' Frankly they lied to me outright.

So after getting my credit card number and charging it, an email came thanking me for joining Yodel. Yodel was never mentioned during the presentation. Of course! Because their reputation is ***!

Replied back cancelling and they won't cancel. Today I noticed that they put a google ad directly over mine to divert business away from my ad. When one caller came through their ad they sent a congratulations email and i replied back with cancel. Looking online i googled my keywords and found a fake website with my companies name on it and a fake diversion phone number.

These people are just plain criminals. BTW the google ad is exactly the same as what we have already.

So the misrepresentation that they could do better was an outright lie also.However the main problem is that I checked out web.com while talking to them and of course this lie about who they are covered their tracks.

Review about: Webcom Web Development.

Reason of review: misrepresenting as web.com.

I liked: Criminals.

I didn't like: Criminals misrepresenting, Will ruin your online presence.

Had an Experience with Webcom?

Comments