Usability

Please read this before you risk your business by using Web.com.Right now, I have a pretty website that is completely non-functional, can't receive any email messages, and the site is intermittently down for periods of 3-25 minutes, round the clock.

Keep reading for the details if you're not convinced. I opened a new business with Web.com in October and I've spent more time trying to resolve issues with them than doing anything else. I use Jetpack to track system down time and it's been up and down like a roller-coaster between 25-3 minutes at a clip. The techs tell me that some issues are "known" (great- they knew, but no one told me my business was down!).

Worse-- access to the back end of my site shut down over the weekend and my business email address was wiped from the system. It's been a day now on an email-driven business with NO ACCESS TO EMAIL at all. My customers are receiving a "Relaying Denied" error message. Best part?

If you try to use their very own online support ticket system, you can't. It hasn't worked in two weeks- What does that say about the company? Week 1 - you couldn't pick an issue from the dropdown list, week 2 (presently) the pick list item highlights but you can't select it. When I finally got a rep on the phone (it's no 12:14 on day three of the epic tragedy of finding out what's wrong with my website) and they claim someone called and told them "I couldn't afford email." The entire package is $30 a month, so I don't know how that's possible.

And who called to leave this mysterious message? No one seems to know. Here's where the final warning comes in- if you are on the phone with them, don't let them say they'll work on the issue and resolve it off-line. I'm pretty sure that's how the above happened.

As soon as you hang up, your issue is not the priority - and if they're distracted - your business will suffer. If you don't want to seem like an inept business owner or lose business during downtimes, run from web.com. Tip for consumers: If you feel you must go with this company, don't bother buying a domain through them. It's more expensive and they do a terrible job of managing multiple domains that you connect through their web manager.

Mistakes they make on one domain name may impact others. If you do go with them, keep it simple.

If you build your own site, use WordPress or have complicated setups, this is going to be a very unstable option for you.Finally, if you have an issue, stay on the phone until it is resolved.

This reviewer shared experience about "unstable hosting and poor service" and wants this business to have the product delivered. This person is overall dissatisfied with Webcom. The most disappointing about webcom web hosting at Webcom was instability of hosting, inability of customer support to resolve issues and not communicating known host issues that cause service denials Reviewer wants customer support to reach our to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Webcom.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Hosting category for more informed decision or compare Webcom to other companies on our site.

Had an Experience with Webcom?

Comments