Web.com trashed 2 years worth of our business e-mail during a migration! ----------------------------------------------- I have used Web.com to design a custom website for my IT consulting business.

I paid $1500 in agreed installments for the a year 2015. I have then been paying $144/month their bundle (domain hosting, e-mail hosting, and marketing bundle -- which is really not doing anything for my business!). Lately, we decided to save money, definitely because the expensive marketing package (SEO) they tout, did not bring a single visitor to our website for more than a year! We decided to move from custom to do-it yourself package $15/month which includes domain hosting and e-mail hosting.

As a business we discussed our need to migrate our business content (e-mail, domain) to the do-it-yourself side. 1. The migration was simply botched to say the least 2. They gave us instructions how to migrate our website content, which we did 3.

As a for the e-mail, their sloppy engineers, failed to migrate our existing e-mail content to new inbox on the new deployment. As a result of this our business is in a dire situation, where we do no longer have continuity of 2 years worth of customer e-mail. Talking to their staff, we seem to hear that it is ok 'because you are being migrated to a do-it-yourself'. Very alarming...

and we replied 'how about our business e-mail content'. Why do you tout yourself to be #1 blaa blaa for small businesses? Who in the IT world would trash a business e-mail, let alone a personal e-mail inbox during a migration? What if the Feds or Gov, or other authorities came to investigate the small business and ask your company access to their e-mail?

What is your darn retention policy? The answer was not forthcoming?

This is really embarrassing and irresponsible. I am hoping they resolve the issue by giving us back our business e-mail, or else we are going to sue!

Review about: Webcom Web Development.

Comments